Wednesday, March 20, 2013

In concert...Elke Vrijdag

I had all but given up. I have gotten lots of strange looks, and some people actually laughed at me, as they discovered my interest in listening to Elke Vrijdag perform in a jazz concert.  Maybe Elke Vrijdag is no longer current today?  


Someone told me I would never hear Elke Vrijdag perform jazz. Someone else somewhat more helpfully informed me that Elke Vrijdag never makes an appearance on Saturdays or Sundays. 

But I have ignored these naysayers and I have been persevering on my own, at other times.

Sure enough, last night I was passing a neighborhood bar and heard music inside, so I went in to investigate. That's right, you guessed it: Elke Vrijdag and her band, singing jazz standards, just as I had hoped. Check it out for yourself below!

(If there is no video clip showing below, try https://www.msu.edu/~jwalther/ElkeVrijdagIntro.mov for a 5MB .mov file)


I hope the naysayers are satisfied now. 

Speaking of local talent, I heard that Buurt Winkels will be in the neighborhood. I am hoping to catch his performance sometime soon, too!








No comments:

Post a Comment