Saturday, January 19, 2013

Off to ASCoR

Last year (2012) was a busy year professionally...
  • Articles appeared in Communication Yearbook, Communication Research, the Journal of Communication, the Journal of Language and Social Psychology, and the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication for which edited the special issue on Web 2.0 and User-Generated Content as Communication Systems
  • Great work with great students and colleagues. 

And 2013 is off to a most exciting start...

...with the commencement of a Fulbright Scholarship enabling me to teach and research at the Amsterdam School for Communication Research (ASCoR) and the Graduate School of Communication at the University of Amsterdam.

I'm looking forward to learning from outstanding scholars there, including Profs. Jochen Peter and Patti Valkenburg and their associates, who share interests with me in studying online disclosure and relationships. We have discovered some theoretical and empirical problems in the literature in this area, and I look forward to working with them to develop some new insights and studies on the subject. Many people have paved my way there, arranging courses and spaces for me, especially and most graciously Prof. Peter Neijens. Dr. Mirjam Vosmeer is helping me get my masters course ready on Disclosure Processes.

I leave for the Netherlands in a week. I'm packing notebooks and warm clothes. I'll be posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment